Spin Systems Inc. (SpinSys) is a rapidly growing, privately-held solutions and technical services company, offering products and a broad range of expertise focused on providing complete solutions to the U.S. federal government as well as enterprise-wide legal solutions to some of the world's largest companies. SpinSys provides a unique mix of product experience and expertise to help our customers obtain and analyze critical information to drive decisions and elevate performance.
SpinSys offers a well-rounded package of benefits such as medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, unlimited leave, 401(k) with employer contribution, tuition reimbursement and flexible work arrangements.
- Participate in all phases of the system development lifecycle including creating technical designs, program code, test plans, and verifying test results. Apply reusable code design and design patterns in a test driven development environment.
- Support Development of technical design documentation based on functional design specifications and implement Java/J2EE web service applications.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure the scope of tests is comprehensive and defects are mitigated before testing.
- Execute manual test scripts in a layered test environment.
- Create and load test data sets to validate system or unit functionality.
- Work as part of a team of developers (user-interface, middle tier business logic, data access) and application architects interfacing with business analysts, database developers, infrastructure architects, and quality assurance testers to ensure the successful delivery of an integrated solution meeting the needs of the business.
- Support applications in all phases of development to ensure adherence to development standards.
- Support best practices and design patterns for development.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a similar science and engineering discipline. DoD Secret clearance or higher is required.
- Entry level experience in Java and J2EE, with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in developing with java or a similar language.
- 3+ years of experience with applications testing.
- 1+ years of experience in design and development of Web Services.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and apply SQL and database concepts
- Experience in agile software methodologies such as SCRUM and XP is a plus.
- Candidates with ColdFusion, C#,C, C++ background looking to transition to Java development
EOE/M/F/D/V. We participate in E-Verify.
As an EEO/AA employer, we voluntarily ask you to participate in this survey: https://spinsysjobs.wufoo.com/forms/optional-eeoaffirmative-action-questionnaire